One of the things that troubled me for quite a long time now was the fact that my RSS feeds were out of sync between my home and work PCs. That’s because I kept forgetting to add the feeds I was subscribing from one PC to the other. And of course I didn’t want to delete all feeds from either one of them cause that could result in loosing some.
I had to build a small utility that, using XML DOM and XPath, would read my aggregators’ OPML files and synchronize them. The problem was that I didn’t have time for such a program.
With Linq to XML though things got a lot easier, so much easier that I can now write a single line of code that will find out which feed subscriptions are not contained from an OPML file to another like so:
So I’m finally going to have all my feeds synced ….