If you have already started playing around SQL Azure you will have probably stumbled on the limitation the SQL Management studio has. So I think you’ll find SQL Azure Explorer rather useful till Microsoft synchronizes its toolset with the Azure platform.
SQL Azure Explorer is an addin for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 that will enable you to manage you SQL Azure Tables just live the Visual Studio Server explorer.
Some of the main features right now is:
- SQL Azure Explorer which contains:
- Tables with columns
- Views with columns
- Stored procedures with parameters
- Functions with parameters
- Context menus for:
- Open SQL Editor Window
- Select Top 100 Rows
- Script as CREATE for all tables, views, stored procedures and functions
- SQL Editor Window with built in:
- SQL Execute
- Off line parser
- Script formatter